Just a fraction of the cool stuff I learned when researching women’s history.
Aries : Heroic
Taurus : Deliberate
Gemini : Mental
Cancer : Protective
Leo : Couragous
Virgo : Impersonal
Libra : Diplomatic
Scorpio : Determined
Sagittarius : Uninhibited
Aquarius : Unconvential
Within tears, find hidden laughter. Seek treasures amid ruins, sincere one.
Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently.
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY!!!
Heart attacks symptoms are different for women. I recently learned this.
Everyone should know these things.
thanks to mainstream media and being unable to show breasts on TV, way too few people know about female signs of cardiac distress, and impending heart attacks. they only know about the “pain in the left arm” male symptom.
i had all these symptoms once and they sent me right to hospital
it was scary bc i didnt know these were the symptoms for female heart issues
happy international women’s day
Why isn’t there a white/Caucasian female? We’re supposed to be celebrating the endless and powerful spectrum of women all over the world.
Because not only do women of colour face oppression by men on a daily basis, they also face oppression by white people on a daily basis White women are very well represented in comparison to women of colour - they’ve had numerous TV shows that are white feminist-centric - eg Girls, Sex and the City and also movies like Mean Girls. A celebration of solely women of colour is necessary in order to empower us and bring us at least to the same status of white women.
Women of colour are not represented very well in white media, and are told to get their own shows but when they do get their own shows they’re told “wow, an all coloured show? isn’t that kinda racist???” In fact, white people make about only 30% of the world, meaning white women are 15% of the world’s population.
Basically what I’m trying to get at is if the white population represented women of colour better then we wouldn’t need a separate celebration of our achievements. But they don’t, so we do. It’s like that post about Mario Kart - you don’t get the blue shell if you’re already in first place. I’m sorry if this didn’t make sense, it’s 1:30 in the morning.
bless you for replying to this is a manner much better than i could have done.
to put it bluntly i’ve seen 12 different photosets celebrating international women’s day, this is the only one that doesn’t have a white woman on it, 9 of the others didn’t have a single non-white woman on them, 2 were mixed,
when 2/3rds of women are non-white and they only appeared on 1/3rd of these photosets, and only got 1/12th to themselves, shit is fucked up, that is not proportional representation
In addition, please do not refer to white women as Caucasian, as there are actually Caucasian people from Caucasus.
When you, as a white person, say, “But why are there no white people here? Why is this only POC?” you sound like Dudley Dursley asking why Harry gets one present all to himself at Christmas when Dudley has thirty-five of them stacked up behind him that he will never, ever share. That’s how childish you sound
Except, of course, for the part where some of the white people “presents” are and have been ownership of POC and murdering them and getting off scot free and structurally benefiting at their expense and so on and soforth. We white people have so fucking much, and we have done so fucking much horrible shit to people who aren’t white, and you want to complain because they get a fucking gifset all to themselves? Jesus fucking Christ, how petty can you be? (Not to mention racist.)
- Creating a Race (2)
- Creating Animals (2)
- Disease (2)
- Ecosystems (2)
- Evolution (and Space)
- Flora and Fauna
- Inventing Species
- List of Legendary Creatures
- Night Vision/Color Vision
Constructed Language (Conlang)
- Basics/Phonology (2) (3)
- Conlang Guide
- Conlang vs. English
- Creating a Language (Revised)
- Culture + Language
- Curse Words
- How to Create Your Own Language
- How to Create a Language
- IPA Pronunciation
- Making Up Words
- 7 Deadly Sins
- Alien Cultures (2)
- Alternative Medieval
- Avoiding Cultural Appropriation
- Avoiding Medieval Fantasy (2)
- Avoiding One-Note Worlds
- Avoiding Utopia
- Change (2)
- Class/Caste System (2)
- Designing Intellectual Movements
- Everything (2) (3)
- Gender-Equal Societies
- Historical Background for Ideas (2)
- Matriarchy (2)
- Static World
- Wandering Peoples
- Basic Economics
- Currency (2) (3)
- Current Global Economies
- Economic Systems
- Economics (1500-1800 AD)
- Economics and Government
- Economics for Dummies
- International Trade (2)
- Marxist Communism
- Medieval Economics
- Schools of Economic Thought
- Socialism (2)
- Types of Economic Systems
- World Economy (2)
- Clothing Terminology (2) (3) (4)
- Clothing Reference
- Education (2)
- Fame and Infamy
- Food (2)
- Food Timeline
- Collective/Traditionalist Societies
- Creating a Government
- Empire (2)
- Fancy Latin Names for Government
- History and Politics
- International Relations (2)
- Justice System
- Non-monarchical (2) (3)
- Oppressive Government
- Political Ideologies
- Rise and Fall of Civilizations
- Secret Societies
- Shapeshifter Society
- Totalitarianism, Atmosphere Necessary For
- Tribal Society
- Types of Government
- Writing Politics
“I call it ‘hunting’ – non-natives come here ‘hunting’. They know they can come into our lands and rape us with impunity because they know that we can’t touch them. The US government has created that atmosphere.”— Lisa Brunner, an advocate for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in the Native American community, had this to say about sexual predators at Native American reservations
And this is why your hyper-sexualized, appropriation of our bodies as Native women is a problem white people.
We must live with the knowledge that 1 in 3 Native women will be sexually assaulted/abused/raped or be the victim of domestic violence.
I made these as a way to compile all the geographical vocabulary that I thought was useful and interesting for writers. Some descriptors share categories, and some are simplified, but for the most part everything is in its proper place. Not all the words are as useable as others, and some might take tricky wording to pull off, but I hope these prove useful to all you writers out there!
(save the images to zoom in on the pics)
Based on the Novel of the same name, by Shay Youngblood, “A Black Girl in Paris” “stars Tracey Heggins and Zaraah Abrahams. Heggins plays an out-of-work writer and Abrahams, a prostitute. Their paths cross resulting in a sexual reawakening for Heggins’ character.
Available on HBO GO until March 31st, 2014To watch the trailer click here
Omg *jots down on my must watch list*
Page 1 of 57